American Flag State Flag of Indiana

Nurse Updates

Sara Burnett, RN - Public Health Nurse
Sherri Miller, LPN - Assistant Public Health Nurse
Kim Parrish, LPN - School Liaison

Immunizations Offered

Childhood Immunizations

Flu Vaccine DTap
Varicella(Chickenpox) MMRV
TdapPolio (IPV)
MMRRotavirus (Rotarix)
DTap/IPVHepatitis A
MeningococcalHepatitis B
Meningococcal BGardasil 9 (HPV)

Adult Immunizations

FluGardasil 9 (HPV)
Hepatitis APneumovax 23
Hepatitis B Prevnar 13
Hepatitis A/B ComboTdap

Insurances We Accept

Now are currently accepting the following insurances.

  • Aetna
  • Anthem BC/BS
  • Anthem HIP
  • CareSource HIP
  • Cigna
  • Encore Health Network
  • Humana
  • MDwise HIP
  • Medicare
  • Managed Health Services HIP - MHS
  • Sagamore
  • SIHO
  • United Medical Resources UMR- Works with Anthem or UHC
  • United Health Care - UHC
  • Unified Group Services - Works with Cigna
  • Anthem BC/BS
  • CareSource
  • Indiana Medicaid
  • Managed Health Services - MHS
  • MDwise

Back to Top

What to Bring
  • Current Immunization record
  • Children under the age of 18 years must be accompanied by a legal parent or guardian. If parent is unable to accompany child to appointment they should call the office to provide information on who will be accompanying child and provide verbal authorization along with written consent for individual to bring child to the clinic.
  • Medicaid/Medicare, or Private Insurance Card
  • Valid Photo I.D. Card

Back to Top

Missing Immunization Record

If you or your child's immunization record has been misplaced there are several places you could attempt to retrieve a copy. If your child has recently attended public school in the state of Indiana, his/her records may be available on the Children and Hoosiers Immunization Registry Program (CHIRP). Another option is to check with the facility where vaccines were administered. Also, schools keep immunization records for students for several years (even after graduation). If you were in the military, your military records may contain a record of vaccines received.

If you are still unable to locate a vaccine record, and you require proof of vaccination, you may need to repeat vaccines or have a blood test done, called a titer, which can be used as proof of immunity. This blood test would need to be ordered by a physician, and our facility is unable to do this type of testing.

Nursing Services Offered
  • Childhood Immunizations - Birth to 18 years
  • Adult Immunizations
  • Seasonal Flu Clinics
  • Health Education/Promotion
  • TB Skin Testing
  • Lead Case Management
The Putnam County Health Department administers childhood immunizations through the Vaccines for Children (VFC) program for children ages 0 - 18 years who meet one of the following requirements:
  • Medicaid or Hoosier Healthwise
  • No Insurance
  • Native American or Alaskan Native
  • Under-Insured
**Please Note - children with insurance who have a high deductible or which requires a copay are NOT eligible to receive VFC vaccines. Please see fee schedule at left for charges for private pay vaccines for pricing of non-eligible vaccines.
Back to Top

TB Skin Testing
Cost - $14 Cash, Check or Credit Card
Availability - TB tests are only placed on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday. You will then be required to return to the Putnam County Health Department within 48 - 72 hours of the time that the test is placed in order to have it read. A reading done less than 48 hours or more than 72 hours after placement is not valid and will not be read by this office outside the recommended timeframe.

For more information about TB, please see the links at right

Back to Top

Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
** Lunch 12:00pm - 1:00pm
Please call 765-301-7758 for appointment availabilities TODAY!!!

Back to Top

Fee Schedule


© 2022 Putnam County Health Department